Dear Small Business Owner:
Small businesses are the heart of our local economy, providing jobs and services that are essential to our future. Every day the City of Columbus depends on those services to better serve our citizens and in 2012 we fulfilled more than $350,000,000 in contracting opportunities that supported the sustainability of our business community.
Please join me at the Hyatt at the Columbus Convention Center on September 26 & 27, 2013 for the Mayor’s Small Business Conference and Expo, as we continue to make Columbus great through the utilization of minority- and female-owned companies and other small businesses in the City’s procurement process.
This year’s two day event, “Go Forward II: New Directions to Small Business Growth and Profitability”, will offer:
- Networking with more than 100 city leaders, speakers, panelists and buyers as well as 60 expo businesses who will share their professional expertise and contracting opportunities with you
- More than a dozen in-depth workshops on the latest small business and procurement trends as well as practical tools to help new and experienced business owners improve their chances of winning contracts
- On-site registration for required City contract compliance to become immediately eligible to bid on contracts from the City
- The Mayor’s Small Business Luncheon. This year’s panel discussion “Demand-side Entrepreneurship: Giving Businesses What They Want” features companies, buyers and business owners discussing the “new directions” companies are giving small business on what it takes to gain contracting traction with them.
- A women’s business luncheon, "Lean Into Business Success” showcasing local, regional and national women-owned and women led businesses and featuring representatives of the National Women's Business Council.
- The Kickstart WIDGETPitch Contest that allows entrants to compete before a panel of local judges/investors for investments to bring their product to market or scale
Last year’s event sold out to over 500 attendees and seating at this year’s event will go fast so be sure to register today. I look forward to seeing you there!
Michael B. Coleman, Mayor